I’m an awful packer. I always pack too many clothes and don’t end up wearing half of them. The thing I do seem to have figured out is what extra little things I’ll need when travelling abroad.
1. I’ve been abroad and my whole legs have been covered in bites. It’s awful when your holiday is ruined by something like this.
2. I take my camera everywhere with me, especially when travelling! I use a Nikon D3000.
3. I wanted to be able to back up my photos when I’m travelling but didn’t want to lug my laptop around in my backpack. I decided to take my iPad but this meant needing an adaptor to connect an SD card to it. This probably isn’t an essential packing item unless you’re as snap happy as I am.
4. I need your advice on this one. I am planning on buying a Go Pro for diving etc. Does anyone have one and would recommend/not recommend one? Any other alternatives?
5. My backpack has another day sack attached to the front of it that zips off. Its so handy, especially when travelling. Its fairly big, but like I said, I have trouble packing light.
6. I love Banana Boat’s Aloe Vera Gel. Its a great moisturiser and really soothing for sun burn.
7. I swear by Ultrasun’s sunscreen. I’ve only ever been sunburnt once in my life and that was when I forgot to put it on. Its a bit pricey but cheaper if you buy it in the airport.
8. A torch and a padlock. If you’re staying in hostels with dorms, you’ll want a torch if you get back late and other people are already sleeping. A lot of hostels also have lockers but require you to bring your own lock.
9. Sudofed. This doesn’t apply unless you’re diving. I had huge problems with my ears during my diving qualification which meant I had to come back and do it another day. I had problems in Thailand as well. I’m going to make sure it doesn’t happen this time!
10. Lastly, photocopies of passports and extra passport photos for visas on arrival.
What are your random packing essentials?